Friday, April 11, 2008

My Savior, He can move the mountains.

I think Easter Sunday is my favorite day of the entire year. (It must be if it's mid-April and I'm still thinking about it!). Our church, Hosanna, puts on an incredible Easter service. It is unbelievable. This year 11,260 people attended Easter service at Hosanna!! There was a big choir and a spirit-filled band that closed the service with the song, "Mighty to Save" by Hillsong. It was so moving. My dad was at the service with us and he got goosebumps too!
Since then Josh and I have loved this song. Bethany Marty has music on her blog (www.qandbmarty.blogspot.com) and this is one of the songs on her playlist. When Josh and I are on the internet we often pull up the Marty's blog and listen to the music as we do whatever it is we're doing on the 'net. (Thanks Bethany- that music touches my heart and I am thankful this song is on your blog!)

This has been a hard week for me. I would have been nearing the half-way point of my pregnancy. I had my hopes up to be pregnant again only to be disappointed. I feel myself being challenged and stretched every.single.day. in my faith. But my chin is up.


Everyone needs compassion
A love that's never failing
Let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness
A kindness of a Savior
The hope of nations
My Savior
He can move the mountains
My God is Mighty to save
He is Mighty to save
Forever
Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave
So take me as You find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender

1 comment:

Bethany said...

thanks Whitney!
praying for you!
B