Friday, November 20, 2009

Amazed

I love reading blogs. I keep up with, maybe, 20 or so blogs on a regular basis. Only a few of the bloggers do I know in 'real life'. Most of them have no idea who I am (I am a "lurker") but I have learned so much from these different women about parenting, marriage, love, Jesus, life, suffering, and joy, and heartache.

There is one blog in particular that is hitting me hard today. I found this blog months ago (I don't even remember how), read the first entry, saved it to my 'favorites' and didn't return again until today.

I always am longing to 'hear' Jesus speak to me. I have never audibly heard Him, but I hear Him through people, events, interactions and in the quiet stillness of my mind. I heard Him loud and clear today, and I am so thankful for that!

Remember this post I wrote awhile back about longing to have Jesus' eyes for the poor and hurting? The blog post I read today reminded me just how much I long for His eyes and how much more I am falling desparately short of loving people the way He does and the way I should.

This blogger is a 21 (yes, TWENTY ONE) year old SINGLE woman who is living in Africa and has 14 (yes, FOURTEEN) adopted daughters. Amazing. If anyone could be called the hands and feet of Jesus, it is her.

Here is the blog post that shook me today. I encourage you to read it-- I know you will be touched.

No comments: