Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hope

Some Sunday night thoughts on "hope"... when I should instead be writing my paper on Business Ethics!

Hope is strong. There is power in hope and remaining hopeful even when it feels useless.

I am thinking of our family and friends and praying that you are granted what you hope for. Especially one of you... you know who you are... I pray that tomorrow you receive the news you hope for.

Some powerful quotes on Hope:
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for". Epicurus (341 BC - 270 BC)

"Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all they have". H. Jackson Brown Jr.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 5:13

A dear, dear friend of mine...sister, really, is named Jessica Hope Marty (err, McAllister, but I will always think of her as Marty). Her mom, my dear Godmother Cindy, had four precious boys and hoped for a girl in her fifth pregnancy. When she was born, Cindy and Paul named her Jessica HOPE because they had hoped and prayed for her. What a blessing I think it is for Jessica to always be reminded that she was hoped for!

Have a great week! Josh and I are really looking forward to taking this Wednesday off to work on our house! We have a lot of stuff to do before the baby comes!

No comments: