Monday, February 22, 2010

Sicky baby

Poor Claire is sick. She started vomiting on Saturday and has had diarrhea since then (going on 2.5 days now!). We have had some stiiiiinky and messsssy diapers!!! We've lit matches in her room to clear out the smell on more than one occasion the past couple of days! She is also on a nursing strike (which is beyond frustrating, especially since I don't have my pump at home) and won't eat much. I tried Pedialyte (both flavored and unflavored) but she didn't care for it. Josh got the bug overnight so we were both home today (me taking care of Claire and Josh puking in the bathroom). I went to Target and got him some Gatorade and 7-Up. I called the Pediatrician tonight because I was concerned Claire is dehydrated since she hasn't had a wet diaper in over a day. The nurse said to give her Gatorade, so it was awesome I already had it in the house! Daddy shared his Gatorade with Claire. She is a fan of that stuff! But she still only had an ounce or two, maybe. She's taking her 4th long nap of the day, which isn't ideal since her bedtime is in 30 minutes, but you never wake a sleeping, sick baby! I am going to take her to the doctor in the morning unless she has a couple wet diapers by then. I am so thankful that Josh and I are a good team. This morning when she had diarrhea alllll over her body and pajamas, we quickly went into action and both knew what to do without hardly communicating about it- which is good because we were focused on not gagging!!

So please pray for my little sweetheart to start feeling better soon (and deciding to nurse again), for Josh to get better, and for me to not get it! I have a midterm on Wednesday so I can't get sick!!

No comments: