Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday

It's Friday, Friday...

Hallelujah, it's Friday!  It's been a long week.  It's busy at work and I found myself working 2-3 hours most evenings this week after the kids went to bed.  I am so glad it's the weekend and that the weather should be a much needed improvement over past weeks. 

I got some important work done and sent out the door (via email of course) before I left today- a great feeling.  Josh picked the kids up at Auntie Bethanie's and met me at Noodles, which has become our family's favorite restaurant.  I enjoyed a delicious glass of chardonnay with my mmmmmmmeatball duo. Wine..ah....how much I missed you last summer when I was prego. 

Since Josh and I drove separately, he stopped quickly at a store next to Noodles to see if he could use up the gift card he had.  I took the kids home.  During our drive, the song "Never Let Go" came on the radio (channel KTIS 98.5- contempoary Christian).  I started belting out the words and dancing with my arms pumping in the air.  I looked in my rearview mirror and saw Claire shaking her groove thang wih her arms in the air, and a huge smile on her face. 

Oh, no!  You never let go!  Through the calm and through the storm.

Oh, no!  You never let go!  Every high and every low.

We were at a red light and I thought the person in the car next to me surely must think I am half-crazy, but I didn't care at all. I was having a great moment worshipping and having fun with my daughter.

I looked over to see who was sitting in the car next to me.  It was a woman, probably in her late 50's/early 60's, with a fancy blouse and hair-do.  She was singing a song too.  As I looked closer, I saw she was singing the same exact lyrics as me.  Just not quite as enthusiastically. 

Continuing to sing loudly, dance, and move my arms in the air (and Claire following suit as best she can in the back seat)...

Oh, no, you never let go.  Lord, you never let go of me. 

It was a moment for me.  A two year old little girl....a 29 year old Mommy...and a 60 year old Grandma.  All worshipping God, together, in their own unique way. 

It was pretty cool.  Pretty cool indeed. 

No comments: