Monday, March 3, 2008

Contentment

My mother-in-law gave me a Pregnancy Devotional book recently (thank you, Annie). As I flipped through it, my eyes wandered onto the devotional for day 21 and it touched my heart in the exact way I needed it. Here is what it says:

"Everywhere you look there are visual reminders of what you don't have: your friend's bulging belly, cute clothes in the maternity store, and mothers pushing strollers [I have never seen sooo many pregnant women walking in the skyway downtown as I have since my miscarriage! It's unreal. I swear every 1 in 5 women have a bulging belly]. Do you feel like crying out, "What about me? When is it my turn?".... It's difficult to let God's nature fill our hearts with contentment and acceptance. God has put you where you are today for a purpose. Be content with where you are at for this moment. These days of preparation and waiting are not without purpose, and He can make today full."
Your Pregnancy Devotional by Pamela Fierro and Suzie Chafin

Amen to that!

T minus 3 days until the Dominican Republic! YEAH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, just so you know I check your blog regularly. I can totally relate to today's entry. I have 12 girl friends (between my college and Billy's friends) that I am extremely close to and I am the only one that does not have a child. Yesterday marked 11 months that we have been "trying" and one month away from starting the infertility process. I just never thought it would be like this. I know it helps to talk to other people in this situation, so thanks. Love, Ami