Monday, June 28, 2010

Stream of consciousness

Just going to freely write what's on my mind this morning. I am excited for fall, which is strange because I think this has been the best summer of my adulthood. The primary reason it's the best summer is because of Claire but also because we're doing lots of summer-y things. Such as spending weekends at my mom and Brad's cabin, enjoying our new patio every evenings, having grill outs with friends, and cherishing girlfriend time at the 5th annual girls weekend at Breezy Point. Maybe I'm looking forward to fall because Claire will look so darn cute in adorable fall clothes. Maybe because our new baby boy will be born.

Speaking of him... I bought his nursery bedding this weekend! Yahoo! I received the Pottery Barn Kids catalog a couple weekends ago and immediately fell in love with a bedding collection that was on sale. I was online within hours of receiving the catalog in the mail only to find it was sold out! Well yesterday we stopped at Arbor Lakes mall on the way home from Brainerd and since I wouldn't be able to find anything in Anthropologie that would fit my expanding belly, I slipped away from the girls and checked out PBK. And there it was! The bedding collection, still on sale! I don't know why it seriously never crossed my mind to check out the actual stores. Pregnancy brain I supposed. So I bought all the pieces (minus the comforter, because as a second time mom I know that its pointless)! It will match the already blue room perfectly and it's not baby-ish! Perfect.

I am enjoying a Monday home with Claire. After spending most of the weekend away from her, I couldn't stand the thought of starting another work week (since I only see her for like, 1.5 hours during the week, most of which are spent cooking, feeding, or putting her to bed). We were out the door by 8AM this morning for a much needed oil change (I think the Manager was trying to take advantage of the pregnant woman holding a toddler when he "highly recommended" I get the oil change that costs $79.99. Seriously dude. I may not know jack about cars but I do know I don't need to spend $80 on an oil change. Go look for the next sucker). We also need to return unused cable boxes Mediacom, pick up groceries and diapers at Target, and meet up with Rachael, Sara and their kiddos for a playdate. Should be a very nice day! And tonight Katie and Laura are coming over for a bbq! Sweet! I got a huge lump in my throat this morning when I was thinking about my love for Claire and how I feel more alive when I'm with her. I just.can't.wait until I get TWELVE whole weeks with her on my maternity leave! I've been dreaming about that ever since I went back to work after my leave with her!

Enjoy the day! (p.s. I'm not going to review this post before publishing, so if there are spelling or grammatical errors, my apologies).

No comments: