Thursday, October 21, 2010

37 week update- Full Term!

So I'm full term today- hooray!! 

I had my 37 week appointment this morning.  I was much happier with my clinic.  My appt was at 9AM in Burnsville and I was in the parking ramp in downtown Minneapolis by 9:37AM.

I am now dilated to 3cm.  That's progress!  Still 60% effaced.  It doesn't mean a whole lot- I could go into labor in the next hour or I could have to be induced 3 weeks from now.  But the one thing it does mean is that I have that much less to do when I'm in active labor.  Dr. Shibley said some women (bless their hearts) are in active labor for 10 hours before they reach 3cm.   This (3cm) is where I was with Claire when I went into the hospital.  Admitted at 3cm and got an epidural at 5.5cm. 

Baby is very low, which causes other fun side effects, but at least it means he's no longer lodged into my right ribcage like he was for a couple weeks (ouch!!!).  I am up 27 pounds and I'm just fine with that.  Sleep has been better lately. I'm more uncomfortable at night but I haven't had as much insomnia.  I'm using large pillows under my belly when I sleep which is helping.  Overall, I can't complain much! 

Now I'm shooting for a birthday of 11/1.  But I know full-well that I could be in the hospital tonight or I could still be pregnant over 3 weeks from now!  Only God knows when this little miracle will join our arms! 

No comments: