Tuesday, October 5, 2010

On My Mind

I have a lot on my mind tonight.  Tomorrow evening we are handing our precious poochie over to a new family.  Dave is picking her up around 6PM.  It will be a very hard moment for us.  I have some thoughts brewing in my mind and heart that I want to get down in a post soon but I don't have the energy or emotion for it tonight.  It's hard to believe it's our last evening to cuddle with her.  Tomorrow will be the last morning to wake up with her at the bottom of our bed.  I can't wrap my mind around it.

Also on my mind and heart is my dear friend Sarah.  Her dad, who is just an amazing person that Josh and I have loved getting to know over the years, was diagnosed a couple weeks ago with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.  Their family is covered in prayer and are trusting God with each step of this journey. 

Just 5 weeks until baby boy is due.  If he's two days early like Claire was, he'd be born 5 weeks from today!  Incredible.  I am still feeling quite good for being this far along.  Unfortunately my detested 3rd Trimester insomnia has kicked in full force.  This happens to some women; it happened for me with Claire and now it's happening again.  Although I am tired, I just can't sleep at night.  Two nights ago I didn't fall asleep until after 2AM and last night it was after 1AM.  That doesn't leave much time to sleep when my alarm goes off at 5:30!  I usually wake up to go to the bathroom too.  We are cherishing our last few weeks with our baby girl.  She is such a joy!!  Tonight she learned the word "walrus", which is one of her buddies that joins her during bathtime.  She's really blossoming in gymnastics and Josh and I are so glad we're doing that with her! It's a great time for all three of us.  She is less timid with each week.  At last night's class she showed a lot of interest in the two other girls who were there- Jillian and Ella. 



Well, this isn't a very exciting post but there will be more to come soon.  We appreciate you keeping us in prayer tomorrow as we watch our first baby leave our nest. 

No comments: