Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Oh Claire, you make me laugh!

Claire is so full of personality, which can be hard  for some people to see because she's also very shy!  Those that are close to her get to see her fun little quirks.  Here are a few (so I don't ever forget!).

She has great verbal skills and I'm almost certain she doesn't have the speech impediment I grew up with.  Her annunciation is very clear.  She says some words perfectly, like: garbage, purple, Kirby, buh-bye, monster. 
Other words she shortens or just makes up completely different ones.
Lotion = loshe
Max = MAKsssssssssssss
Socks = hots
Yogurt = yote
Milk = milt
Raisens = ees
Cheerio = cheerio-io-io

She loves to LAUGH!  I think we've spent half of my maternity leave laughing.  She loves to be tickled, but other simple things make her laugh too, like just a simple look we give each other.  I LOVE to laugh with her! 

I have some special foot lotion.  In the morning she goes into our bathroom, opens the top drawer, fishes around semi-blindly until she finds the foot lotion, and then plops on the ground.  She'll take her socks (hots) off and say, "Mommy!  Losh!!".  So we put lotion on our four feet. :) 

She likes to call Josh by his first name.  This morning Josh went to work late.  When Claire woke up she knew he was here but didn't know where, so she walked around the house yelling, "Josh!  Josh!!". (She still calls him daddy too. :))

She's a good little helper for me.  After I change Max's diaper I'll ask her to go throw it away.  She grabs it, walks or runs into the kitchen and says "Garbage!" and throws it away.  Once in awhile she doesn't want to and when I ask her to throw it away, she'll look at me all innocently and say in her sweet little voice, "No".

Just some fun Claire stories!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I seriously love Claire!! She is so adorable, quirky, fun, smart, and has a huge personality!! Can't wait to see her when I get home and finally meet Max!!!