Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Great Day

Yesterday was a great day.  Mostly because I was home with my lovies.  We went to the Zoo in the morning with Ami and Everleigh.  We got a blizzard on Sunday and Monday (like, 18 inches worth) so it was nice to be in the tropical climate in the zoo.  Claire and Everleigh had lots of fun running around with each other and looking at the monkeys, fish, birds, and turtles.

I made lasagna in the late afternoon and even had all of the dishes cleaned before Josh got home early from work, due to the snowy roads.

After we enjoyed dinner, Josh was cleaning up the kitchen and I was finishing my Target list as it was grocery shopping night.  Claire doesn't play independently very well yet (meaning, if we're in the kitchen she most likely is too), so when I didn't hear her making any noise, I got suspicious.  It typically means she's getting into trouble.  I peeked into the living room and my heart melted immediately.  Max was laying on his activity mat and had been upset.  She found the two blankets I had used that morning for the walk into the zoo.  She had put one on top of Max, laid down next to him, and then placed one on top of herself. So, so sweet.  Yes, it was a great day.

2 comments:

Annie Docken said...

She has such a big heart already, we are all lucky to have this little one in our lives!

SM said...

Wow. Such a sharing little girl. I remember when I was little I would line up all my stuffed animals in my bed and cover them up with my blanket. There was hardly room for me. Claire is going to be an awesome person. That photo is priceless.