Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A shout out to my MAMA

Janeal Rae

My Mama...

Sigh...

If I tried to adequately describe what my mom means to me, I would most certainly fall short.

There's not a single person in my life that I believe deserves happiness more than her.

She has been through so much the past eight years.  Watching her travel that tragic journey makes me feel protective of her.  I only want her to feel joy for the rest of her days. 

My mom is my best friend.

I talk with her every single day.  Josh recently exclaimed, "WHAT do you two possibly talk about every day?!".  Oh, the weather.  What we had for dinner the night before.  Claire and Max.  The Bachelor. Joys and struggles of parenthood.  You name it. 

Claire ADORES her Nana.  If I had a dollar for how many times Claire says, "NANA!" every day, I would be rich.  She wants to call her all the time and grins from ear to ear when she hears her voice. 
Compassion and empathy radiate from her soul.  She is always there for her friends, family, co-workers, neighbors.  When you cry, she will cry with you. When you are happy, she is happy with you.  When you struggle, she will lift you up.  When you strive to reach a goal, she will cheer you on.   Her encouragement has allowed me to become who I am.  Her teachings have shaped me into an independent, strong, humble, honest woman. 

She believes in me, which helps me believe in myself.  With my every accomplishment or struggle, she has been by my side.   
My Mama is SILLY, funny, SMART, gorgeous.  She never takes herself too seriously.  She is full of wisdom.  My mom has overcome and is overcoming.  She loves Jesus with all of her heart.


My mom is fully engaged in our lives but still gives us space.  She has found this perfect balance...and without any stumbles along the way. 


She is an AMAZING cook.  I say that she should be on Top Chef (although I've never seen that show, but it sounds like something she should be on).  She makes us meals all of the time (and just drops them off).  I like that she will try brand new recipes, even on special occasions and when guests are coming.  She's not afraid.  


She is someone people just want to be around.  She leaves you feeling better.  She brings you up, and very rarely (if ever) brings you down. 


She makes me proud. So, so, so proud. 


I can't imagine living a day on this earth without my mom.
To think that, someday, hopefully a very long time from now, I will have to carry on without her, causes me to lose my breath.  I don't know how to live without her.  She makes me a better person.  If 30 years from now, Claire feels for me even close to what I feel for my mom, I will be one of the most loved and cherished Moms on earth. 

I have touched just the very tip of the iceburg when it comes to describing the woman that God has allowed me to call Mom.  I simply can't put into words who my Mama is or the role she plays in my life.  So, Mom, all I can say is... I love you. 

No comments: