Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Max update (and sibling wrestling)

I had the camera out the other evening to take sweet pictures of Claire and Max hugging. Little did I know I was about to capture their first ever wrestling event.  Claire came out on top this time but Max says...not for long.




He adores her. 
 And then things got violent.


Claire wants to ask Uncle Paco what this move is called. 



Ignore the messy face.  He was about to take a bath (I promise). 
 Claire says.... winning. 


As of the new year, Max is 14 months old.  I feel like he is still so much a baby, but he is truly growing and developing before our eyes. I so enjoyed spending ten straight days with him over the holidays.  It was hard to return to work today, but I was mostly grateful for having had the opportunity to have that quality time.  He and his big sister are my world. 

At 14 months, Max: 
  • says seven words!  He says: 
    • Mommy (not "mama", but "mommy".  Very interesting. Must be because of how often he hears his sister say it)
    • Daddy
    • bye
    • hi
    • up
    • puppy
    • no   
  • signs for "more" and "please".  When he looks at me with his big blue eyes, taps his hand against his chest to signal "more" and says, "mommy....mommy...", I'm pretty sure I'd give him anything he asks for.  Don't tell him that.  
  • wears size 12 month and 12-18 month clothing. Wears size 4W (wide) shoes and size four diapers (although we should change to fives soon).
  • Naps three times per day....still!  His first nap is at 9AM, second is around noon, and third is around 3:30 or so. He goes to bed between 7:00-7:30PM and sleeps about 12 hours.  The kid likes his sleep.
  • He also loves food!  I remember how you had to hide anything you ate around my nephew, Brody, because he'd demand to have some if he saw you eating. Max is the same way!  He doesn't, however, like meat or vegetables.  He will literally take vegetables out of his mouth.  I need to get more creative, I suppose...
  • Blows kisses!  It's so adorable! And he waves hi and bye. 
  • Continues to adore his big sister and think she is so darn hilarious. 
  • is super cuddly.  For the longest time, I couldn't rock him before nap or bedtime due to the sleep plan but now I do; he cuddles in my arms as I rock and sing to him.  He gives the best hugs and kisses too.
  • Has just eight teeth still (four on top, four on bottom) 
  • LOVES the remote control. And not just any remote control, but specifically the remote control for our fireplace.  He'll settle for other remotes, but prefers to walk around with the fire place remote.  And he goes ape on you when you take it away.
  • has started to throw miniature tantrums. The kind where they throw themselves on the floor, without any regard to objects around them that could be harmful.  Cue the thrashing of the body, the whining/crying/screaming, the arching of the back.  
  • gives his "CHEESE!!" face when he sees the camera or my phone facing his direction. 

1 comment:

Janeal said...

Love the wrestling pictures. Makes me lol every time I look at them!