Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 Photobook....finally complete!

I finally completed and ordered my 2011 Shutterfly photobook. It is a combination of a baby book, photo album, and blog book. I started the year not knowing how to document my family.  Before Max was here, I just made good old-fashioned photo albums from printed photos. But now do I make photo albums for Claire, and different ones for Max?  What about family photos- do I have to print multiple copies and place them in both their books? Or do I just make one family album...but then which child gets to ultimately keep it (assuming, of course, that they both want to... :)).  And then, what about all of my blog posts that capture their development, the funny things Claire says, etc?  So, the idea of the large photobook was born.

I made their largest book (12x12) and used the maximum number of pages allowed (101 pages). If I could have used more, I definitely would have. To say it was a labor of love is an understatement.  I am certain I spent 60+ hours making it, but it became a very enjoyable hobby for me to pursue after the children were in bed. Shutterfly's new scrapbooking tools are super cool and allow your creative juices to flow.  I plan to make these books each year, at least until the kids are out of the house. I'll print two copies each year so they can take a whole set with them. I ordered it yesterday when it was 40% off, plus free shipping, plus I had a code for an extra 10% off, so it only cost $100, which is much less than it would have cost for me to print the photos and buy albums from Tar.get.  I can't wait for it to arrive in the mail!


The new way to make a photo album: photo books by Shutterfly.



      



2 comments:

Janeal said...

Whitney, this is a beautiful book and done with love. What a gift for your children and your family.

Bethany said...

I. LOVE. THIS!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! I'm truly so impressed with how much you accomplish Whit! you are amazing!!!!