Sunday, February 17, 2013

Staycation week!

Yay, I have the next 6 working days off (this week and next Monday)!  I am slightly envious of my MIL who is in Florida and my SILs who are going to Arizona this week, but I'm thrilled about staying home with the kids.  We have a few playdates planned, some house projects on the to-do list, and a few new meals on the menu.  Cannot wait.

This is our annual Valentine's Day self-portrait for this year.  I didn't get home until 6:15PM that evening.  Josh and the kids had picked up Jimmy.Johns for dinner, flowers for me, and a movie to watch later (which I returned, because we don't typically watch movies twice and I can't justify spending $20 on a movie we'll watch once.  Even on Valentine's Day.  So we watched American Idol instead :)).  So simple, thoughtful and perfect- it was "us".
 photo DSC_0401-1_zps523981a7.jpg

When I put Claire to bed, she sweetly said, "Happy Valentine's Day Mommy! I love you SO much! You are the best Mommy in the world!".

This is our self-portrait from Valentine's Day 2011.   When the kids are older, I hope they'll look back and see the love in our family through these pictures.  photo IMG_0197_zps65c0eb74.jpg


Last night we got to spend time with our dear friends and meet 4 day old Cameron Andrew.  photo DSC_0418_zpsb814a09f.jpg

I wanted to take his sleeper off to take nakie pictures of him but his Mama Bear worried he'd be too cold. :)

 photo DSC_0413-1_zps2be94fee.jpg

He looks just like his older brother, Landon.  It was so fun to eat pizza and watch the kids play.

 photo DSC_0421_zps8b180d55.jpg

Have a great week!

No comments: