Thursday, June 6, 2013

Max at 2 1/2 years

Oh, this boy.  I just adore being Mommy to a boy.  Especially to my sensitive, incredibly sweet, beautiful little boy.

Max turned two and a half on May 1st.  I can no longer say "he just turned two".  I'm not accepting the fact that he'll be three soon.

 photo DSC_1282_zps0ef1da4c.jpg

Max continues to be a little dude.  He wear size 2T and size 6-7 shoe.  He weighs about 31 pounds.  He is the sweetest boy and always says thank you (unprompted), even for the smallest things.  "Thank you for changing my diaper, Mommy", "thank you for getting my milk".  The other night at dinner Claire looked at Josh and said, "I'm going to count to three and let's say 'HOORAY Mommy!', okay?!  1...2....3..... HOORAY, Mommy!  GREAT DINNER!".   Max smiled at Claire and said, "Tank you for saying 'Hooray', Tare!".

I want to bottle up his little voice and never forget what it sounds like.  He has trouble with C's (Claire is Tare, Chris is Uncle Ris) and all of a sudden is calling Brody "Frody".

 photo DSC_1280_zps865e0ba1.jpg

Max is chill. Oh, if only Claire could be as chill as Max, I would have to take a lot fewer deep breathes.  When Claire is having a moment, Max lifts his hands, palms up, and says quizzically, "What's wrong with Tare??" Like Claire, he is very well behaved in public.  I call them my little ducklings because they just walk right behind or next to me when we're out and about, like at Aldi or the park.  He is apprehensive around unfamiliar people or in unfamiliar situations.  When he's nervous or unsure, he lifts his shoulders  high, near his ears (this happens a LOT).  

 photo DSC_1279_zps5c4c1566.jpg

Max loves:

  • doing "one for the money" onto my bed or into the bath. 
  • the songs "Away in a Manger" and "You are my sunshine".  These are always the two songs he requests at bedtime
  • reading books
  • any kind of fruit but especially bananas, pizza, frozen gogurt, licorice, milk, water, suckers, cereal, oatmeal
  • his cousins!! (although he has a strange way of showing that love to Maverick; he often picks on Maverick.  This doesn't jive with his personality.  He LOVES babies.  I don't know if he feels threatened?) 
  • his "foy-a" (non-motorized four wheeler)
  • making coffee for people in his play kitchen 
  • piggy back rides
  • playing outside
  • his pacis (which are only used at night and will be going away after cabin season is over) 
  • movies, although he will only sit and watch for a short while 
  • hugs, kisses, waving goodbye in the morning 
  • naptime (he still takes a morning and afternoon nap on daycare days!) 
  • laughing!  
  • making people laugh 

 photo DSC_1308_zps1943a65f.jpg


Max doesn't love:


  • Vegetables 
  • Going to church 
  • Sharing his cozy coupe car
  • Being left behind 
  • Dogs or cats

 photo DSC_1304_zpse730d2a2.jpg

Max at age 2 is SO much easier for me to parent than Claire was at age 2 or age 3.  He's much more chill and agreeable.  I have a theory that he's an introvert (and I think Claire is an extrovert).  He does so much better with one parent or with Josh, Claire and I than he does at daycare with Omi and his cousins.  I think it's just too much for him.  He loves to be out of the house and in public and "on the go".  His worst behavior is at daycare.  It could be that Brody and Claire have their big kid thing going on and Maverick and Mara have their baby thing going on.  He's in the middle and doesn't fit perfectly with either group.

 photo DSC_1285_zpsa4df2233.jpg

Maxy, I adore you.  I am still in awe that God brought you into our lives, when we least expected it.  He knew, since the beginning of time, that we needed you.  Your life alone is proof to me of God's goodness, provision, and sovereignty.  I love you- I love every fiber of you.  To Mommy, you are perfect.

No comments: