Sunday, January 18, 2009

Reason 1,891,426,354 why I love my husband

I check our Wells Fargo checking account online every day. Josh and I have this funny joke-thingy where he will use the checkcard for something and almost instantly I call or email him and ask him what he bought. He can't get away with anything, that guy.

This morning he was TV shopping (because he sold our TV, which was a complete surprise to me, just minutes before 24 came on last Monday!! Ahh, the angst!!). I was on the phone with him when he was shopping and as we talked I logged onto Wells Fargo to pay some bills. I noticed two new checkcard payments at McDonalds. One for $2.98 and the second for $9.35. I asked him, "Did you go to McDonalds TWICE today and what did you buy?!?!" He laughs because he was just there minutes ago and I already found out about it!

He bought a mocha at McDonalds and then asked the guy how much the bill was for the car behind him. The McDonalds drive-through guy was totally confused and couldn't understand why Josh would possibly want to know that. Josh told him that he wants to pay for their meal. It was a family and they got a few egg mcmuffins, a juice, couple coffees, and an ice cream cone (which is funny, considering it's a cold, snowy, Sunday morning).

What an awesome random act of kindness. I am so proud of him. How awesome it would be if everyone paid it forward.

No comments: