Friday, January 16, 2009

Stuff

TGIF! I'm so glad it's the weekend. It's going to be another busy one!

Baby Docken continues to do well. I can tell she's getting bigger because the kicks are getting stronger! She's so active and I love it. I have been having more frequent and intense dizzy episodes. I had two this week that started while I was sitting down. Before that, it had only happened after walking or standing for a long time. At a business lunch on Tuesday and then during a meeting on Thursday after eating my lunch and while sitting down, I became very lightheaded and hot, my skin became clammy, my vision blurred and I had shortness of breath. It's a terrible feeling. Both times I left and went to the bathroom where I put my head between my legs (although I can't get very far with this big belly in the way). After a few minutes, it went away. I have brought this up to my doctor twice and she has said it's normal. After a lot of research, I think it's not normal for them to be this frequent and intense so I called the nurse at my obgyn today. She said my blood pressure is great (100/60) so all she could suggest is going to my regular family physician (thanks, that helps a lot). She said I might have low blood sugar, which they will determine at my glucose testing in two weeks. So in the time being, I carry on!

I found a chandelier for the nursery that I LOVE. It's at Pottery Barn Kids. Might have to pick it up soon.

Josh and I registered last weekend at Babies r Us. I thought he would be overwhelmed but he was such a champ! He was great at looking at all of the options for each item and helping determine what was best. Who know you needed so many things for a baby? We are trying to take a minimalist approach and not over consume. I have heard so many moms say they got too much with the first baby.

I go to Indianapolis again on Sunday (and have to fly through Atlanta once again!). I return late Tuesday night. School resumes this week. I have class on Wednesday (Financial Risk Management) and Thursday (Management of Groups). I'm glad the classes are only 7 weeks long.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: