Thursday, January 28, 2010

Haiti, part 2

Thanks for your comments! We donated $5 x 5 comments (sorry Mel- only counted you once!) = $25 to HOPE International.

I heard today that a teenager was just rescued from under the rubble after FOURTEEN days. She was severly dehydrated, starving, and injured, but she was treated in one of the military ships and is doing much better! Praise GOD! He is truly working miracles.

This tragedy is a prime reason why I do not believe that everything happens for a reason. I think that good things are coming out of this horrific tragedy. And good things will continue to happen as the country is rebuilt over the next many years. But I personally do not believe that God had a reason and thus created this earthquake with the intent that 200,000 people would die. Maybe He did. But maybe He didn't. If I lived in Haiti and Claire died in the earthquake, I would unleash the wrath of Mama Whitney on anyone that told me that she died in this earthquake "for a reason".

We need to keep loving on the Haitians!

No comments: