Saturday, January 16, 2010

Things I don't want to forget

I am in love with Claire's hands. I love all of her adorable body parts, but I am particularly fond of her hands. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's because they are so teeny tiny and the way she can maneuver and manipulate them fascinates me. She has always had good control of her hands. When she had her 2 week check-up, her doctor commented that she was (pleasantly) surprised to see her hands streched open because most babies have their hands clenched in a fist for quite some time still. For a long time, she has opened and closed her hands. I feel them on my side when I feed her. Now it appears that she uses this motion to communicate "hi". It's so cute! I have been skeptical for a while but I really think she waved hi to me twice this past Thursday.

I also love the noises she makes. The four noises she makes most often are (this is my attempt at a phonetic description):
1). Ah tiiii
2) Ah boeufff
3) Oeuffff
4) a noise that sounds like she's whistling with her mouth not in a circle shape

While she's upstairs sleeping soundly in her comfortable crib, with a full tummy, and a freshly washed body, my mind and heart wander to the babies and children in Haiti that are injured, dying, hungry, homeless. Please, Lord, protect Your children. You know every name and every need. These are Your babies. Reveal yourself to all who are hurting. Provide a way for resources and help to reach these desperate people. And be glorified.

No comments: