Thursday, September 9, 2010

Comments!!

While this blog is largely a journal for my family, it is nice to be reminded once in awhile that someone out there is also reading it!  So I was so excited to see two comments on two recent posts!!  THANK YOU! 

Angela asked me in her comment, "What are your thoughts on the fact that Muslims build a Mosque near areas they have conquered.".

So I thought I should answer!

I don't know if this is true.  But let's say for argument reason that it is.  After some consideration, I have a couple thoughts:

1) The individuals who carried out the attacks of 9/11 did not conquer the United States.  They didn't conquer New York City or the American people.  We are a stronger nation.  The only way that the extremists could believe that they have conquered us is because they're already dillusional. 

2) My second thought is.... How is God most glorified?

I am reminded of Matthew chapter 5. 
"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

Those are my predominating thoughts!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for answering! I also do not know if it is a true statement. I heard it from an individual who is outspokenly passionate about not allowing folks to build near ground zero. Then after reading your post I wondered what you thought of that comment.

I value your opinions and find myself consistently agreeing with you in many areas (even the political ones despite the fact that we tend to follow different party lines). Thanks again!