Thursday, September 9, 2010

Life is Good

My life isn't perfect
Life isn't easy
Life isn't simple
Life isn't free of stress
Life is busy
Life is hectic
Life is full of responsibilities
Life is full of deadlines, bills to pay, people to see, places to go

But my life is good.  I have an overwhelming feeling today that life is good.

In just a couple minutes, the Vikings will begin their first game of the season. I love football- especially Vikings!  I was so sad when last season ended because it had been such a fun and bonding time for my family (it was so fun to have my dad watch most of the games at our house).  So I'm super excited it's starting again!!

Josh and I are in a really good place.  I've heard a quote that goes something like this- a successful marriage depends upon falling in love multiple times....and always with the same person.  I think this is so true.  And it's even better when both spouses fall in love with each other at the same time.  Josh and I are there right now and it's just wonderful.  Adding a baby to your family causes a major adjustment in your relationship.  I am proud to say that after 16 months of being parents, Josh and I are closer and more a team than ever.

I am so excited it's fall.  Things I am looking forward to:

Sever's Corn Maze
Sweaters
Jeans
Brisk walks as a family
Apple orchards
Hot chocolate
Cuddling under a blanket
Fall TV shows
Football
Apple slices with caramel
Soup
Fall clothes for Claire
Halloween
Yummy candles
Thanksgiving
Meeting my son (!!!)
Three weeks together at home as a family of four (Josh is taking a 3 wk leave of absence when he's born- yay!)
Maternity leave
Pumpkin carving
Time at the cabin in the fall weather
Visit from Grandpa and Marcia
Trip to Iowa with the Mieska clan

The list could go on!!  This summer was the best summer of my adulthood and I am certain this fall will be the best fall of my adult years too!  It's pretty much because I am madly in love with Claire and my little family!

Time for kickoff- Skol VIKES!!!

LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments: