Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ramblings

Did you know that the flight from Chicago to Hong Kong is 15 1/2 hours long?  I found that out today, when I purchased a flight to Hong Kong.  And then to South Korea.  And then to home.  At least we're flying business class.  That, plus several good books, plus an ability to sleep on planes (albeit with my mouth hanging wide open) will make the flight manageable, possibly even enjoyable.  I leave in 5 1/2 weeks and will be gone for 13 days.  gulp.... I already miss my babies.  And I'm imagining how cool it will be to experience Hong Kong (between my 15 meetings with vendors).  It will be a great experience and my family will realize just how much they love me while I'm gone. :)

We got a new swingset today and we are SO excited!  Next summer, I imagine us relaxing on the patio, sipping on our coffee, still in our sweats and t-shirts, while our children play independently on the swingset.  Based on the fact that I was tromping around on the swingset myself tonight (hey, I had to show Claire how it works!), maybe I will be right in there with the kids while Josh supervises.  Regardless, we're excited about this new addition to our backyard.

My final rambling for the night, before I move onto working on Max's 1 year video and possibly my 2011 Shutterfly book, is regarding my strange, incessant nausea.  For about five weeks now, I have had nausea off and on, every single day.  I am not pregnant, not sick, and don't have any other symptoms.  My nausea  is worse than the morning sickness I had with either pregnancy.  For the first several weeks, it would occur most often in the morning and in the evening, around 8PM.  Now it happens almost every single time I eat (no matter what I eat).  On my drive home from work yesterday, I had to pull over and run into a gas station's bathroom so I could vomit (sorry, TMI).  I don't think it's simply a "bug" because those don't last for over five weeks, right?  Any ideas on what it could be?  My mom thinks I should go into a doctor and have some bloodwork done and I should probably listen to her because Mama knows best.

Have a good evening, friends!

4 comments:

Bethanie said...

Didn't you have gallbladder pain awhile back? It could be related to that, just another symptom. That would be my first guess but I'm no doctor! Cause be food sensitivity like gluten.
I agree with your mom (moms know best, right?) to go to a doctor visit that way they can be very specific about questions...like nausea alone or with vomiting, if dizziness is involved, etc, to help them narrow it down. 5 weeks seems like a long time. Good luck:)

SM said...

ALWAYS listen to your mom. There is nothing better than having a Doctor tell you there is nothing wrong. Better safe than sorry.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Remember Bonnie had those weird crystals in her ears back in 2002? something that has persisted this long might have an explanation...
H

Unknown said...

The business class flight makes all the difference! It's actually... FUN! You will get wined and dined, lay down on a bed-like chair (almost flat if not all the way flat!) and have movies/music/tv at your fingertips. I couldn't believe how fast the 15 hours to India went (granted my layover was halfway, in Paris.) You will be GREAT! Can't wait to hear about the adventure, and yes, good perspective on how much your babies will love you when you get home. It will be so worth it. :)