Monday, October 3, 2011

I need Dr. House (edited)

I finally went to see a doctor today about my ongoing nausea.  Her orders? A blood test for my liver, which she thinks is just fine, a blood test for some bacteria, which she doesn't think I have, and a suggestion to pick up a package of tums.  Super.  Dr. House???

In other news, Claire jumped out of her crib tonight.  She did not want to go to bed (and wouldn't tell us why).  After extra, extra, extra time rock-a-bye-ing, I left her in the crib and went downstairs to do dishes.  Crying/screaming ensued until I heard a huge bang and then silence.  And then.... a door knob opening.  We are NOT ready to put her in a big girl bed yet.  I definitely don't want to do that until she's three years old.  This parenting thing is full of new surprises and challenges each and every day.

********

After I posted the above, I wanted to get down a few of the things Claire has said recently (because I'll later transfer this into my Shutterfly book).

On Sunday when we were driving to the orchard, Claire said from the backseat: "I love...when Mommy...is home with me".  When I'm home on my Fridays off or on the weekends I often tell her how glad I am to be home with her.  She listens!

Last night when we were eating dinner, Claire said, "I'm going to the orchard tomorrow and I'm going to see Sue!". (She wasn't going to the orchard today but she did go last Friday and she did see Great Aunt Sue there).  I said, "Do you like Sue?" Claire responded, "Yes, Sue's happy."  "Sue's happy?", I asked.  "Yes, Sue's happy to be with me!".

In the car on Saturday, Claire said, "Brody is a big boy!"  I said, "Is Max a big boy?"  "No, Max is just a baby!"  "Are you a big boy?"  "No, I'm a girl... I'm a BIG girl!"  I asked her, "Is Mommy a big girl?"  Claire said, "No, Mommy's Whitney!".

I love this age... almost 2 1/2 years old.  The tantrums happen less.  The reasoning ("Claire, look me in the eyes.  Use your words and tell me what you want") works better.  She thinks and thinks and says funny and insightful things.  She's super affectionate and says "I love you, Mommy!" or "Daddy, I love you so much!" randomly.  She spontaneously kisses her brother and tells him she loves him (in between telling him "Max, you can't do that, you are just a BABY!").  Love my girl.


1 comment:

Bethanie said...

I love the things Claire says, they just crack me up and make me smile!
And tums, seriously? That would've just fried me to hear!