Sunday, October 30, 2011

It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to

We were blessed to have many of our close family and friends join us today to celebrate a special little boy's first birthday.  I'll write a more detailed recap in the next few days but I wanted to share some pictures.  All in all, it was a great day and party. Thank you to my mom and mom-in-law for helping me with the food!  Thanks to Uncle Chris and Aunt Becky for allowing us to use your oven and for Uncle Barry and Aunt Bethanie for taking pictures. And thank you everyone for the wonderful gifts and for coming!

I have very....sensitive...children. Claire didn't enjoy the attention she garnered when everyone sang "Happy Birthday".  Max almost made it through the song without crying but decided he didn't like the attention either.  He cried again later when a few people laughed at his cake eating mess.  I love my sensitive sweeties.
Claire crying at her 1st birthday party
And little brother following in her footsteps.


The monster cake that I proudly made myself (based on a picture I found on Pinterest). Yep, my first attempt at cakepops too! 

Mommy loves the birthday boy. 

Claire was so excited to have all her "friends" over to play today.  She had way more than than at her own party! 

Happy birthday (on Tuesday), Max!! 




1 comment:

Annie Docken said...

The two cake-eating photos, so similar, and yet so different. If I remember, Claire was not quite as LOUD as little Max in declaring his unhappiness! Wonderful parties and wonderful memories - even the tears! She looks so grown up in this photo!