Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Our Christmas in pictures (and some words)

Wow, are we exhausted or what.  All four of us.  We have had a beautiful and blessed several days and are ready to recuperate.  I keep saying, "NEXT year" will be easier, more relaxing, less stressful, more rested, etc.  Finally, I do think it will be next year.  Even though we are all wiped out, we are so, so thankful for the family time and joy we experienced this Christmas.  You can see it through these pictures. I felt so grateful for my healthy and joyous family.  I am so thankful we all truly enjoy being together and that there is no family drama.  As I lay in bed trying to sleep last night, I kept thanking Jesus that my children (and Josh and I) were healthy on Christmas.  That has been my prayer for a long time and I am so thankful He answered it.

On Friday Josh and I took a vacation day and had a date day to celebrate our birthdays.
Photobucket

Grandpa came into town from Florida on Saturday.  We had pizza at Mom's house that night and then Grandpa, my dad, mom, Chris and Bailey came over Sunday morning for brunch.
Photobucket

Because of a scheduling conflict on Christmas, Santa came to our house early!  We left him cookies and he ate them, with just a few crumbs left behind!  Max keeps randomly saying, "Santa ate all the cookies!".
Photobucket

On Christmas Eve morning Claire woke up early screaming, "Is Santa here?!?!".  I checked downstairs and gave her the all clear.  Then she said, "Maybe Santa is in the basement listening to records!!".  Here they are admiring the presents that Santa brought, that coincidentally were wrapped in the SAME paper that they picked out at Target.  Next year Mama's gotta be more savvy.
Photobucket

As we were opening Santa presents before 7:00AM, I noticed that it was snowing outside.  Magical.  I tried to capture the moment, which is hard to see in this picture, but I remember it in my heart.
Photobucket

Claire loves her new baby doll.
Photobucket

After a relaxing morning, Grandpa Leroy, Uncle Chris, Aunt Becky and Bailey came over for brunch and presents.
Photobucket

Auntie Whitney and Bailey.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After Josh and the kids napped (and I did a boatload of dishes, packed the diaper bag, ran to the liquor store for wine, charged and packed up the camcorder and camera and loaded the presents into the car), we went to church.  Our church had over 20,000 people come on Christmas Eve!!
Photobucket

After church, we went to Nana's for lasagna dinner and presents.  She is the most amazing cook ever.  We're so thankful to have my Grandpa here from Florida.
Photobucket

Celebrating our 12th Christmas together! We're old!
Photobucket

Max got a lot of "Buzz! Woody!" stuff and was so happy.
Photobucket

Christmas morning we left the house bright and early to go to Northfield for Mara's baptism.
Photobucket

Papa and Omi watching the baptism, with Claire and Max.
Photobucket

I love this picture of Josh's family!
Photobucket

We had lunch at Omi and Papa's house and opened stocking gifts (we have Christmas with Josh's family again this Saturday!). Claire looked SO darling in her Christmas outfits this year!
Photobucket

Max looked pretty cute too.
Photobucket

The five Docken grandkids.
Photobucket

Max loves him some Mara.
Photobucket

While the kids napped at the farm, the adults played Catchphrase.  Later that afternoon, we went back to Nana's house for dinner with the usual gang, plus Brad's kids and their kids.  Claire and Cambrie had a blast together, as usual.
Photobucket

I am so glad to be off work the rest of the week.  We're taking it easy today and going back to my mom's for dinner tonight with grandpa (We're having leftovers! Oh, I forgot to mention the amazing meal she made last night- cornish hens, swedish meatballs, roasted broccoli, mashed potatoes and gravy, amazing cooked carrots, bread, and molten chocolate lava cakes.  Mom and Grandpa were in the kitchen cooking from 9:00AM until 5:30PM STRAIGHT!  What a blessing this meal was.  They cooked for 8 1/2 hours and we devoured it in like 15 minutes!).

Tomorrow we don't have any plans and I think I'll take the kids to the mall to see if we can score any clearance deals. Friday we have a playdate with Ami and her crew, and then Saturday is Christmas again!

I hope your Christmas was magical and blessed as well!

1 comment:

Bonnie Liebelt said...

Loved reading about all your activities. I know it seems like a lot right now but it goes so fast. I'm glad you take the time to reflect and enjoy. I think you have found just the right balance.