Sunday, December 2, 2012

Weekend recap

The weekend started out dramatic.  Josh spent a good part of the day on Thursday at the hospital in the emergency room, for an excruciating migraine, shortness of breath, chest pains, and a rapid heart-rate.  Then, Friday night Max woke up at 10:30PM and seemed to be choking.  Let me tell you, it was terrifying.  I pounded on his back with my heel and he finally started breathing freely again.  I held him for thirty minutes before putting him back to bed.  An hour later, he woke up doing the same thing.  I even briefly considered calling an ambulance. Fortunately, it stopped once again.  He didn't have another episode the rest of the night but did wake up every 30-60 minutes crying.  Josh was still recovering (it's now Sunday and he's still recovering!) so I got a lot of quality time with my Maxers.

On Saturday morning, I attended our church's Women's Christmas Brunch with my friend Rachel.  I am so glad we went! It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed some time outside, followed by dinner at the Park's house.

Photobucket

Tomorrow is my brother's 34th birthday. I pray that Claire and Max's relationship when they are adults is as meaningful and close as my and my brother's relationship.  I am so, so thankful for him, which I wrote about here on his 30th birthday.  I love you, Chris.
Photobucket

Josh was still under the weather today and Max wasn't feeling great himself, so Claire and I went to church together.  The message was on Mary, mother of Jesus, and it was so good.  I just love how God used a common, ordinary girl with extraordinary faith to bear His beloved son.  God often chooses the least likely to do his most important work, because He wants it to be clear who is doing the work. He chooses you, too.

Afterwards, I hosted our second annual Christmas baking day!!  So fun.  Nana and Claire started off by unwrapping the rolos.  Max said, "I'll help!", jumped onto Nana's lap, unwrapped a candy, and put it right into his mouth!  All three of them thought it was hilarious.

Photobucket

Isn't Movember over, babe?
Photobucket

Laurie, Becky (with Bailey!) and Shayla
Photobucket


Photobucket

These little kiddos were angels during our almost six hours of baking!!  They played so well together and you hardly knew they were here!
Photobucket

My loverboy giving his buddy Landon a hug when it was time to go.
Photobucket

Ah, a full five-day week ahead of me.  Have a blessed one!

No comments: