Sunday, April 28, 2013

Claire's 4th birthday party

Claire's fourth birthday party was on Saturday.  Honestly, she'd rather it be someone else's birthday party so she can just be an attendee and not the center of attention.  But alas, the focus is on her one day each year.

She wanted the colors to be pink and purple.  I asked her if she wanted cupcakes or a cake and she answered, "I want a cake, with pink frosting, and pink and purple sprinkles!"

 photo DSC_0891_zps09050da1.jpg
(I made my famous cookie dough truffles because certain adult attendees count on them.)

So that's exactly what she got!  Good thing I did a trial run last Wednesday because the second attempt turned out much better!
 photo DSC_0892_zpsc5af8cd2.jpg

Max looked dashing in his pink polo.  Could they pass for twins?
 photo DSC_0897_zps9f9a33f2.jpg

Such a baby guy, he took a break from the action to give Maverick some loving.
 photo DSC_0907_zps2c3e55d0.jpg

Without me even asking, Claire told me she wanted to wear a pink shirt with purple ruffles on the bottom for her party.  It was a tall order but Nana pulled through!  (Side note- Claire has decided to give Nana a nickname and now calls her "Nan". It's hilarious.)
 photo DSC_0911_zps56461b38.jpg

I die for this boy.
 photo DSC_0915_zpsae1b60da.jpg

It is so fun and easy to host the party at her gymnastics center! And a total bonus that I got a half-price deal for it!
 photo DSC_0917_zpsc4d057dc.jpg

Brody, Claire, and Kiera walking across the balance beam.  Claire is 9 days older than Kiera and 9 months older than Brody.
 photo DSC_0918_zps2d052880.jpg


 photo DSC_0929_zps11f4bc61.jpg

 photo DSC_0934_zps4b59cb7b.jpg

 photo DSC_0938_zpsce026657.jpg

Claire made it known for several days leading up to the party that she did not want anyone to sing "Happy Birthday" to her.  During her first birthday party, our singing made her bawl so perhaps there is residual trauma?  So instead, we all just said "Happy Birthday Claire" on the count of three.  You can see she still wasn't so pleased.
 photo DSC_0952_zpsc7adb8e5.jpg

But once Brody and Cambrie joined her, she was all smiles again.
 photo DSC_0955_zpsdea6221f.jpg

Ami told me that Brody is going to insist on chaperoning Claire's first date.  I hope and pray they will always have a close relationship as they grow older.
 photo DSC_0958_zps2f6bbad5.jpg

Sweet Landon! I just love this kid.  He has such a fun personality and is obsessed with his best pals "Hair" and "Mac" (Claire and Max).
 photo DSC_0976_zps29c36e7e.jpg

1 comment:

Betsy said...

What a good idea to have the party at the gymnastics center. Easton loves his gymnastics :) Oh, and I just realized I totally did a weather post like your weather post, ha oops! Good to see you today!