Sunday, April 7, 2013

Jumping in

Claire loves to jump.  She jumps every chance she gets. Claire makes Max lie down and she jumps over him.  So far, no casualties.  She rolls up the large rug in her bedroom and gets a few last jumps in before bed.

So I captured her today in her jumping phase, so it can be remembered.  photo DSC_0797_zpsa7e7200f.jpg

 photo DSC_0798_zps4aebb4c5.jpg

I also like the other little details of these pictures.  Like, the pink cowgirl boots she's obsessed with.  And the skinny jeans that aren't all that skinny on her tiny frame.  And the pink cupcake shirt she's wearing, which she wears all the time.  I'm pretty sure she loves it because of the cupcake and not because it says "Birthday Girl" on it.  She's not really an attention seeker.

 photo DSC_0799_zpsec14b928.jpg

JUMP!
 photo DSC_0803_zps9e46226c.jpg

Last Friday when we were driving to the zoo, we were listening to some song on KTIS (Christian radio).  Claire asked, "Mommy, what does 'faithful' mean?"  I thought for a few seconds and said, "It means that God is always with us".  She thoughtfully responded, "oh.....God is always with us....." There was a long pause and then Max blurted, "Mommy, what does 'OH MY GOSH' mean???" Buzzkill!

Claire's been stumping me lately with how to respond to her.  The other night she was lamenting that the owwie on her finger still wasn't better.

"Mommy, I prayed for God to heal my finger.  Why isn't He healing it?  Can He not hear me?", she asked me.

"God can ALWAYS hear you honey, but sometimes it just takes some time for our owwies to heal", I responded.

She thought for awhile and said, "Is he not healing me because he's too busy healing other kids?"

I swear she asks me these questions at the very end of the day, when only this question and the bedtime routine stands between me and watching Dancing with the Stars on my couch.

Speaking of jumping, tomorrow I'm jumping, figuratively speaking, into a new job with Target.  I'm back downtown Minneapolis, which, during all seasons other than winter, is actually a longer commute for me.  Last week was rough, with telling my team and saying goodbye to many friends I've known since I started my career in that area almost nine years ago.  I even cried, multiple times, in front of my team.  I might write a post on this goodbye and words that were shared with me later this week.

Have a good week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Today Isaiah asked me how God got the sticky stuff on stickers without getting all messy. That was a tough one! But I love their inquisitive little minds and the thought provoking questions that they think of.

Congratulations on the new job! I'm sure it was hard to say goodbye to people you've worked with for so long. I hope the transition goes smoothly for you and you enjoy your new role!