Sunday, August 22, 2010

In Full Bloom

I have been following this blog for a couple year's now.  She lost her baby boy 16 minutes after he was born (she was told around her 20 week ultrasound that he would not be "viable with life" but she chose to carry him, against her doctor's recommendation).  She now has a gorgeous baby girl and is returning to work soon (she's a teacher).  She wrote a post recently regarding her struggle with going to work and leaving her daughter, and of course, it resonated with me.  One line in particular has remained with me and been a source of reflection.

Stacy's husband told her to "Bloom where you are planted, until God clearly moves you".

That is powerful for me.  Yes, I wish I could be with Claire more right now, with every piece of my heart.  But I can't be.  At least right now.  Maybe someday I will.  But in the meantime, I will choose joy and thankfulness, and bloom where I've been planted.

You can read her full post here.

No comments: