Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday night

What a weekend.  We had a blast last night at the Star.key Hea.ring Foundation gala.  I'll write an entire post on that soon.  Black tie events make you feel so glamourous.

The summer of sickness saga continues.  I wrote a post recently describing how our month of July was a constant blur of sickness.  I honestly didn't think it would be possible that we would STILL be sick nearly two weeks later.  Two days after that post, both Claire and Max got a cold.  A cold is not a huge deal, except that it really interfered with sleep and their coughs and running and congested noses lasted more than a week!  Then, today, Josh came down with some stomach bug.  He's been laying on the couch for the past nine hours, which meant I was on my own with the kids today and still managed house-cleaning, freezer-cooking, playing, dinner, bath, post-bath walk, and bed by myself.  I am wiped out. Sickness, leave us alone!  This week is another busy one. My dad is coming over for dinner tomorrow night, we're hosting our street's National Night Out party on Tuesday for the second year in a row, I have a HOPE International strategic planning meeting Wednesday night, and then I'm off work again on Friday- yay!!

Here are a few pictures from our post-bath pajama walk tonight.  The sun was at its magical hour but I realize now I was taking them too directly into the sun and had the aperture too low.  It's fun to keep on practicing my photography!





No comments: