Thursday, August 30, 2012

State Fair

The thought of bringing both children to the State Fair on a weekend made me want to just lie down and sleep for an entire day.  I also thought I'd regret not crossing one of the last items off of our summer bucket list, so Josh and I took the day off today to visit the State Fair.  Massive crowds? Scorching, record-breaking heat? A missed morning nap? No biggie.  The kids did great (people watching is both of their favorite past-times and what better place to do that than at the fair?!)

Max took his job at the Little Hands farm seriously. 

 He had to do a bunch of different jobs (including giving corn to (pretend) chickens, cows (and also milking the cow), and another animal I'm forgetting) and then received a dollar in return.  With their dollar, Max picked out a little box of Cheerios and Claire picked out the only item that was pink, which just happened to be instant oatmeal. 


Another job- planting the harvest 

Claire LOVED the merry go round, or the "rocking horse ride", as she calls it. 

Max, not so much. This is the part where I rescued him from the purple horse. 


We had mini donuts, lemonade, pronto pop, french fries, and a malt.  Max's favorite was the french fries.  My least favorite is his diaper that followed said french fries. 
  
Get in mah belly!!! 


The first thing we did after we returned home was throw the children in the bath.  As I was drying Claire off, she said, "Mom, I can't stop hugging you.  I can't stop kissing you either.  I just love you so much!".  Girlfriend speaks my love language. 

No comments: