Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dinnertime Solution

When we get home from work, our crazy hectic evening begins.  Nurse, make dinner, eat, do dishes, do bath (every other night), nurse again, pajamas, and rocking, all between 5:30 and 7:00 PM.  We chat with Annie for a few minutes and say goodbye to Brody and Bethanie.  I either nurse Max immediately, or get dinner started and then feed him.  

Both babies inevitably want to be held.  One cries, "Hold you Mommy! Mommy, hold you!" and the other just cries.  Since I can hold either one or none while making dinner (Daddy tries to help but only one will let him hold them during this time), whining, crying, tantrums, and such, ensue. 


 I was UP TO HERE with it the other evening so I devised a solution.  I brought Max's little roller thingie, that is primarily used outdoors, from the patio into the kitchen, and Claire pushed him around and around and around while I cooked.  Brilliant!  Do you think Max enjoyed it as much as Claire and I did? 


What a good sport.

No comments: