Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, Sweet Girl

My dearest Claire Elizabeth,

God knew and loved you long before you came to be.  When Mommy and Daddy wanted a baby so very badly, Mommy daily prayed for God to bless us with the perfect baby for us (not a perfect baby, but a perfect baby for us).  I prayed for a baby that would sweeten all of our days and bring unending joy into our lives.  And boy, did He pull through.  We loved you before we knew you.  You were prayed for and loved by Aunts, Uncles, Grandmas, Grandpas, and especially your Mommy and Daddy before you were even born.  And now, two years later, we can't imagine how we could possibly love you any more.

You are a true sweetheart.  You never show sibling rivalry and you shower Max with kisses and affection.  You are patient and show wisdom, even in your young age.  Mr. Aaron comments each week at gymnastics on how much patience and understanding you show when you quietly stand back and let all of the other kids anxiously get stamps on their hands and feet, while you wait calmly to be the very last child to receive the stamps.  You believe in equality.  You always want Brody and Max to have the same treatment as you, whether its food, toys, outings, or anything else.  I can sense that you will stick up for your younger cousins and brother for years to come.

You are so smart.  You know most of your ABCs, say about a gazillion words (although "yes" isn't one of them... how can that be?!), and are stringing sentences together.  You love to laugh and giggle and keep us giggling constantly too.  Just today when we were driving to lunch, you said from the backseat, "Hurry UP Daddy!" with the appropriate amount of attitude too!  You are so petite but I know that I will keep telling you what my Mom always told me.... dynamite comes in small packages.  You sure are dynamite, Claire, and I love that about you.  You are shy, yet brave, kind, yet strong-willed, funny, yet easily embarrassed.

I love you with everything that I am.  I pray daily for God to show me how to be the best mother that I can be to you, how to build your character through discipline, how to teach you about Jesus and all that He did for you.  Because, sweet Claire, although I have many dreams for your life to come, the one thing that I long for most is for you to know Jesus as your Savior.  We only have you here on Earth for just a blink of an eye. And I promise you that you will be loved for an eternity.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: