Sunday, April 3, 2011

Adventures in Baking

I got a KitchenAid mixer a few months after we were married and used it once, maybe twice, before it was packed away for 6+ years.  I dusted the little lady off a couple weeks ago and have been going to town ever since!

Becky and Chris had a little get together on Friday evening for the Twins opener.  I made these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip blondies to bring with us.  They were quite tasty but could have used a few more minutes in the oven.

Last night we went to Amy and Ben Van Zee's for dinner.  Arrived a few minutes after 5:00 and left promptly at 7:00- such is life with little ones!  Claire was tired because she had taken an early nap that day. I think she was starting to get under the weather because at 10:30 that morning she was asking me if she could go "nigh nigh".  By the time we were going to leave the Van Zee's, she had her head on my shoulder and was saying, "Home...home...".  What a sweetie.  We really enjoyed spending time with Amy and Ben.  Amy- I am so impressed with your decorating and overall craftiness! It's definitely not a skill in my toolkit so I appreciate it that much more in others! I LOVE that you were my first friend in Apple Valley when I was 4 and you were 2, and we're still friends 25 years later!  God is good!  Amy made tasty tacos and I brought a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pie for dessert.  YUM!

This morning I made Breakfast Pull Apart Bread.  We were going to have Josh, Rachel and Kiera over for brunch after church but Claire woke up with a cold so we had to reschedule. :(   I put the bread together last evening.  This morning I learned the importance of details.  Apparently the recipe called for 24 frozen dough pieces but I had just thrown the entire bag of 36 into the bundt pan.  Whoops.  At least it gave Josh a huge laugh this morning.  It was really good!   For some reason Claire thought it was turkey meatballs.  While Josh and I were eating it, she repeatedly said, "Turkey! Meatball!" and never asked for a bite. Nice!  I'm going to find something different to make next Sunday when Josh, Rachel and Kiera are over, barring any sickness in any of the kids.  GO AWAY SICKNESS and PLEASE COME SUMMER!

1 comment:

modernchemistry said...

sweet whitney, i am so glad we are friends! i was also remembering that you were my first minnesota friend so many years ago. i am thankful to God that we are still in each other's lives. thank you for coming over - and for the delicious dessert. i really, really liked it! :)